7 Apr 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet - Mocha Coffee Chocolate Frappuccino (Inspired by Robin Moses)

Hello everyone! I have been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks but have never found the right time until now! Everyone knows my love/hate relationship with water marbling (love to look at it, hate to do it), so dry marbling was always a preferable option for me. I had a go following this fabulous Robin Moses video and I was hooked. I used the technique to create this look for the GOT Polish challenge the other week, but this was my first attempt. 

I decided to use it for the Theme Buffet this week as the prompt is "Delicious" (suggested by Ivy of "Nails of Blue") and it reminds me of my favourite mochas from Costa. Coffee and hot chocolate, best of both worlds! :)

I started with two coats of Color Club Earthy Angel and allowed it to dry. I then added one more coat and while it was still wet added "blobs" (a technical term!) of LA Colors French White and Color Club Rebel Spirit and Positively Posh. I dragged a fine detail brush through the blobs to create the marbled effect. Because there is quite a lot of polish on each nail, its best to give it a while before finishing with top coat. 






I decided to keep my pattern in a little bit more of a uniform French shape that Robin goes for in the video, but I am such a big fan of this look. Some colour combos that I've tried really haven't worked out that well, but this one just makes me want another Costa :)

Sam xx

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Brethil! Makes me want all the stuff that I should stay away from - coffee, chocolate.. :/

      Delete
  2. Love the design! Looks yummy too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these color combos. My favorite color is brown right now. My nails are short right now but i still want to try this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! I love browns once they're on my nails but I don't think to use them very often. Since I painted this one though I have bought more nudes and browns and started using them a lot more :)

      Delete
  4. These are so pretty! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Haven't tried dry marbling, but definitely have to give it a go now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Go for it - I couldn't believe how hassle-free it all was :)

      Delete
  6. These look absolutely fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love these, they are amazing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're definitely rocking with this technique! Each one's better than the previous ones!
    This, in particular, fits perfectly the theme...and it made wanna have a Frappuccino too XD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I think these nails have started an international caffeine rush! ;)

    ReplyDelete