8 Jan 2014

NAILS Magazine 31 Day Challenge catch up (Day 5-7)

Hello everyone! I'm chaining these posts to catch up but this is the last multi post so I'll get straight down to it!

The prompt for Day 5 was "Rhinestones" and I kept is simple, but full of bling! Three full coats of All About Polish Plum Raisin (I only paid 29p for this little pot of gorgeousness!), and then Swarovski rhinestones decreasing in size from the centre.




The next prompt was "Inspired by a NAILS cover". I knew immediately which cover I wanted to go with (November 2013), but knew it would force me to do something I hate doing. Caviar nails. Love the look, hate the process/clean up. Still onwards and upwards eh? Here's the cover:


I changed the colour scheme to something a little more "me" and used Barry M Gelly Paints Blue Grape and Ciate Big Yellow Taxi for the plain nails and added Ciate Candy Shop Caviar Pearls to the two caviar accent nails. I finished with Nails Inc Caviar top coat.




Lastly for this post is the prompt for Day 7 "Black and White". Two colours that end up in almost every one of my manis, but rarely on their own. This design came about by accident though and I am so happy that it did. I wanted to do some flames and had prepped some French White nails. I then painted in the flame shapes using LA Colors Black Velvet and was ready to add in lots of lovely fiery reds, oranges and yellows until I realized it looked pretty cool as it was! The urge to add other colours was strong but I resisted (at least until these photos were taken!) and managed to only add Seche Vite!




So that's catch up Number 2 with only today's post to follow. I'm nailed out, but will be back up and at it tomorrow with the GOT challenge and the Ombre day of this challenge. Someone remind me again why I thought that making January busier than December was a clever idea??? ;)

Sam xx

1 comment:

  1. Son todas geniales, pero la primera es impactante me encanta...

    ReplyDelete