8 Nov 2013

33 Day Challenge Day 21 - A random attempt at a European theme...

Hello everyone! I'm back with another offering from the 33 Day Challenge for you! Today's theme was Europe and I must admit I was totally lost for inspiration. I settled for flags in the end but didn't want all the straight line/taping aggravation so decided to put it all into a convenient Ikat pattern (random, I admit).

I painted a base of Nail Essentials Silver Shimmer, and then painted Ikat print using colours from the flags of various European countries (thanks Wikipedia). I then added a few gold star glequins at the end to tip my hat to the European Union.

The little finger covers a multitude of countries with the red, white and blue (Barry M Gelly Blood Orange and Blue Grape, and LA Colors French White), Ring finger covers Ireland (Barry M Gelly Satsuma, French White and Sinful Colors Exotic Green) and Romania/Moldova (Blood Orange, Blue Grape and Rimmel Sunshine). Middle finger has Estonia (LA Colors Black Velvet and French White with Collection 2000 Electric Dreams) and Austria/Denmark and others (Blood Orange and French White. Index finger covers Italy and others (Blood Orange, Exotic Green and French White), Spain (Sunshine and Blood Orange), and Sweden/Ukraine (Sunshine and Blue Grape). Finally, the thumb has Luxembourg (Blood Orange, French White and Electric Dreams) and Germany/Belgium (Blood Orange, Sunshine and Black Velvet). I topped all the nails with Seche Vite and added all the gold stars to finish.





I'm not a massive fan of this mani, but the intentions were good! It covers a lot of European bases but isn't particularly cohesive... Never mind, onwards and upwards! Monday's theme is a 3 colour gradient with a pattern - eek!!! 

Check out everyone else's awesome work below and have a fabulous weekend! xx




No comments:

Post a Comment