22 Oct 2012

Erica's Nails and More September Challenge Entries (Part 1)

Hi again

Back in September I took part in a challenge hosted by Erica at Erica's Nails and More. What I especially loved about this challenge was that it was 10 days long. It was the perfect length of time to hold interest without feeling like it was taking over my life!!! Here are the first five of my entries:

Day 1 - Favourite Colour



My favourite colour (at the time - has since changed again!) was Color Club Velvet Rope, so I used this to create apples with Revlon Sassy on a background of Sally Hansen Time to Shine.

Day 2 - Favourite Animal


I love pandas (doesn't everyone?!) I used Models Own Snow White  and LA Colors Black Velvet for the pandas and bamboo on a background of Borghese Fantastico Lime.

Day 3 - Favourite Season


I've always loved autumn and the beautiful golds, rusts and greens of the leaves. For this I used Rimmel Lycra Pro in Aqua Cool for the sky (although I find it a more grey blue than remotely "aqua") and Sally Hansen Teeny Greeny Bikini and Emerald City and OPI Rising Star and Take the Stage for the leaves.

Day 4 - Saran Wrap Nails



Saran wrap (or cling film as we call it over this side of the pond) is a super simple way to create a beautiful effect. This is Barry M Raspberry over Models Own Snow White. I had so many compliments on this and have recreated it using the same colour combination on false nails for a few clients :)

Day 5 - Gradient Nails




Gradients are not usually my favourite thing to do as they can be a bit hit and miss. I think this was the gradient where I finally got the knack :) I used the Color Club Take Wing range (Daisy Does It, Sparkle and Soar and Wing Fling). I adore this range of colours and was so happy to be able to use them together. I thought that they would be hard to blend but found them very easy to work with in this mani.

So, that's the first of my 5 efforts - second half to follow soon. Would love to know what you think of all of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment