3 Dec 2013

The 12 Days of Xmas Challenge Day 2 - Snow/Winter

Hello everyone! Today I have my second mani for the 12 Days of Xmas challenge and the theme for today is Snow/Winter. 

The timing of this prompt was perfect as I have just received my annual order of snowflake nail stickers from Nailtopia! As my daughter is getting older (still only 7 though!), I usually end up doing her nails, and all of her friends' nails too before Xmas - snowflakes are always a big hit so I ordered in bulk this year, and decided to have a dress rehearsal on myself!

I started with a base of Barry M Navy (such a beautiful deep blue!) and then added a coat of Nubar White Polka Dot to add a little depth. Once dry, I added the white snowflake stickers with tweezers and then topped with Seche Vite to seal them in.






Its simple, but its effective! I added in a flash photo in at the end to try and show what a stunning colour that blue actually is. I've been on a no-buy for a while now and its making me go back to polishes that I had forgotten I had. Its almost as good as buying new polish! Almost... ;)

The next prompt for this challenge is for a "Food" themed mani - I will be back with that in a couple of days. In the meantime, check out all the other participants' nails below :)


9 comments:

  1. I love the snowflakes and the colour great mani :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color! And I love those snowflakes, where did you order them from? Id love to get my hands on some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get them from Nailtopia - I added a link to their site into the blog post. Careful though, you may go looking to buy only snowflakes, but its hard to resist all the other awesome stuff they have available! :) xx

      Delete
  3. The placement on those stickers are absolutely perfect! :) What a great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Navy' is one of my favourites too-it's such a gorgeous colour. Loving those stickers, they look really awesome over the background =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was nice to do something simple that still looks pretty :)

      Delete