27 Nov 2013

33 Day Challenge #29 - Your favourite pattern

Hello everyone! Only four days to go with Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33 Day Challenge and today I get to bring you a mani featuring my favourite pattern :) Those of you who have been following for a while know that there was never going to be any indecision for me as far as this prompt goes, but for newer readers it was always going to be LEOPARD PRINT!!!

As it's getting to that bloody freezing time of year, I decided to go with a Snow Leopard colour scheme, so I started with a fully opaque base of French White, which I topped with a coat of gorgeous irridescent micro glitter (Color Club Si Vous Please). I then dotted on the pale grey Color Club Sheer Disguise, and added LA Colors Black Pearl with a detail brush for the outer edge of the pattern, and to add a little bit of a textured effect on the white in between. I finished with a liberal coat of Seche Vite.







I made these a lot softer than my usual harsh, bold leopard print and I think its worked out really well. The camera didn't pick up the irridescent gliiter as much as I would have liked - in reality it looked almost frost covered. I have a feeling that I will be having wearing this again sometime soon :)

I'll be back with my 30th 33DC mani on Friday, which will be a mani that features "the same pattern in various colours"... Check out all the other fabulous patterns, and join us in celebrating how diverse all our styles and tastes are by following the links below :)




No comments:

Post a Comment