4 Oct 2013

Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33DC #6 - Texture

Hello again everyone! Today's prompt for the 33DC challenge is Texture! I was a little undecided as to which direction to take with this but I knew that I wanted to use my Leather look polishes from Claire's Accessories.

I painted three nails with three generous coats of black leather polish and my ring finger and thumb in dark red. Once dry I added black stripes over the red. I liked the way it looked at that point, but thought it needed a little something extra. So, what goes with stripes? Stars! I added some silver star-shaped studs to the black nails and created a sort of goth tribute to the stars and stripes :)







I love these soooo much. Its so me! Its got a bit of a Goth/Marilyn Manson feel but not too in your face. I'm super happy with these!

I'll be back next week with the next 33DC post, which will be "Artwork using my oldest untried". In the meantime, I have my parents' Ruby wedding anniversary party this weekend, and a large family, most of whom want their nails done!!! Have a good one, people! :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks ladies! I don't often get to push my goth side out there with the nails (apart from at this time of year!) so I loved doing this :)

    ReplyDelete