11 Oct 2013

33DC #9 - Indian Nails

Hello again lovely readers! Its the end of the third week of Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33 Day Challenge and we are up to mani number 9 already - Indian nails. I decided fairly early on to incorporate paisley as I am forever drawing/painting/wearing paisley. Its originates from Persia and India, but it was first exported to Europe from India in the 18th century.  I painted my first ever paisley nails for the August Tri Polish challenge and the response was really great, so thought I would go for something similar but with a little more Bollywood bling :)

I started with a base coat of Sinful Colors Glass Pink and then painted on the paisley design using LA Colors Solar Gold. I went over that with LA Colors Gold Nugget to give the gold a richer feel. Next I carefully edged both sides of the gold with LA Colors Aquatic and dotted along the edge for the "frilly" paisley effect. Finally I added a selection of designs inside the paisley shapes and topped with Seche Vite.







So, there are my Indian nails. I wish the photos showed up the vibrancy a little better, but I do like painting paisley, so I'll just have to try it all over again with even better colours! ;)

I'll be back on Monday with some flowers for the 33 Day Challenge. Until then, have a look at all the other Indian nails using the links below, and have a great weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment