15 Mar 2013

First Easter Nails of the Year

Hello again! I was totally going to work on St Patrick's Day nails today, but I woke up to an email from my college letting me know that they are running an Easter Nail Art competition.

I was actually planning on taking it easy today (let's just say I "celebrated" graduating my nail course fairly enthusiastically last night), and as I had the house to myself, it seemed like a good opportunity to kick back with tea, a bacon sandwich and a healthy dose of ibuprofen. However, I can't resist a challenge, so out came the false nails and too many bottles of polish (trust me, all those smells that I usually love really weren't doing anything for me this morning!).

There are a couple of weeks to enter the competition and I wanted to try out a couple of different designs as I can only enter one. This is the first:


I used a ton of polishes. Here goes: The sky is Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau, grass is NYC High Line Green and Color Club Fly With Me, the bunny, flowers and eggs are painted with Models Own Lemon Meringue and Feeling Blue, LA Colors Snow White and Black Velvet, Color Club, She's Sooo Glam, China Glaze Spontaneous, Collection 2000 Hot Looks Siren and Shimmy Shake and last but not least Barry M Gelly Paints Satsuma.
Seche Vite and a couple of Fimo butterfly accents and that's it!

I'm super happy with these as a first attempt. I'll be sketching out some ideas over the weekend so stay tuned for the next installment. When I have a couple of designs, I'm planning to asking my Facebook followers to help me make a decision on which set to enter. Let me know what you think and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment