21 May 2014

Hoppy bunny has run out of hoppy...

Hey everyone, some of you will not be surprised to hear that I'm going to be taking a break from blogging. 

At this point I'm thinking most of June. I'm not feeling it at all and need time to think about what I want to do long term without the pressure of continuing to blog at the same time. 
I have some reviews due this week and will finish my May obligations but apart from that I am only committing to DD and the NCC for June (on the blog), plus I will see out the current Buffet themes and see how everyone feels about it continuing after June depending on what I decide to do with the blog. Hopefully getting my "real life" head straight might help me rediscover the passion for the blogging process, but right now its nonexistent.




The good news is that I still love nail art, polish and painting - I just can't find any energy for taking a million photos, editing, then typing up a falsely cheery blog post and posting it everywhere. I think this is why IG is appealing to me more than any other platform at the moment.



I don't want to sound like an ungrateful moo to my readers, but I don't feel like I'm putting as much effort into the blog as I should. That means I'm putting more pressure on myself as I feel guilty because its not up to scratch. Executive decision: I'm putting myself in time out.



So, from the end of this week you'll be able to catch up with me on IG and FB (as and when I paint something I like) but it'll go quiet here. I hope you'll leave me in your reading lists because I'm hoping to come back renewed and reinvigorated like other fabulous bloggers who seem to have gone through similar spells (and there will still be a guaranteed nine manis in June with the odd review if I receive items). I'm hoping that by giving myself a break for June that I'll be back to my usual grumpy Goth self (which is about fifty times less grumpy and Goth than I am feeling right now).

Thanks for bearing with me and my (currently) dysfunctional brain!


Sam xx

7 comments:

  1. this may not be a bad thing. At least you're taking control, and my break did me SO much good. You've been blogging at a killer pace this year, and I think most of us do that, then have to re-evaluate. Enjoy your rest and don't pick up a nail brush unless you really really want to - your fans will all be waiting for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand and I'm sure most of us will we all need a break sometimes as I am know for saying at work you need to take you time. It us something I live by so I hope you feel better soon and have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* I'll be around when you find your hop again! Just take some time to yourself, I've read about you wanting to slow it down a few times, and somehow you never actually did for more than a week. So take a proper break and snif the flowers, enjoy the people around you and rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad I don't have IG :/ yes I belong to another era. but I did take a brake from end february until late April and did so much good to me! I'm sure it's the best decision, we'll be waiting for you if you decide to come back. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take all the time that you need Sam! We'll all still be here when you decide you're ready to come back. Spend some time with your family and remember to smile<3 (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, of course I'll miss you hun, but I totally understand why you need to do it. I'm in a similar situation myself, so I've just slowed right down for now. We'll still be around if and when you feel ready to come back <3 <3 just spend time doing whatever you need to do hun, we want you happy and rested as much as you do xxx

    ReplyDelete