9 May 2014

FingerFood's Favourites - Jessica Birds of Paradise

Hello everyone! Today I have something a little different to bring you. I recently downloaded an app for my phone which allows me to catalogue all of my nail polishes with photos and to sort by brand, name, basic colour and type. It took an age to get them all on there but its done - go me! Its mostly to help me look up polish names when I'm typing blog posts as I'm too lazy to get up and go to the nail room!), but it also reminded me of some polishes that I absolutely adore, but that have been sadly neglected - so there will be a series (I say series - it probably won't be a regular thing, but will be slotted in as and when) of shorter posts featuring some of my all time favourite polishes.



So, starting today with my beloved Jessica and Birds of Paradise, from the 2009 Botanicals collection. This is my second bottle (after discovering that my already half empty 5 year old bottle had not fared well in storage), and I was once again blown away by the colour and finish of this polish. It is one of the loveliest purples I have ever seen in my life (and I like purples!). Its a really deep purple, but has a soft, pearly quality that makes it glow and mutes the colour, stopping it from being too intense. Two coats for opacity and this has no top coat.






I know that I'm always banging on about how much I love Jessica polish, but I don't do enhancements. Well, I do them, but I don't wear them myself. Jessica was founded on the principal of looking after the natural nail and as a natural nail girl, that works for me. Their base coats (especially Restoration) are phenomenal and I swear by their Phenomen Oil. Their polishes last for years, the brushes work perfectly for my nails and the formula is smooth, so you can probably expect to see a few more in this series!

These posts may be a little shorter in future as you'll know what's coming, and as I'll be featuring only one polish in each, I'll try and be less verbose than normal! As always, I'd love to know what you think! :)

Sam xx




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Purple!! Which app are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its called Nail Polishes: Your Collection. There may be better ones but this one really works for me, and with 400+ polishes in there I can't face starting another one lol!

      Delete
  2. I got an app like that too, haven't put that much in mine yet though. Is it called nail polish book? :D My favourite purple is a pretty similar shade to this one, A-England - Avalon. Maybe a teensy bit darker, but no brushstrokes, great formula and it stamps, although I can never bear to waste a bit stamping with it! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its called Nail Polishes: Your Collection. It was tedious as hell doing the photos etc but worth it :) I'm the same with stamping - Jessica stamps beautifully but I can't deal with even the tiniest amount of wastage lol! xx

      Delete
  3. I need to get an app for that when I get a new phone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Its a massive pain to fill in but its like a rite of passage lol!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous color! I love it when I find gems in my very own collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that an Android or an iApp?

    ReplyDelete