23 Apr 2014

NAILS Mag April Challenge Day 23 - Bow

Hello everyone! Despite having the worst night's sleep ever (thanks to a fox that decided to sing us the song of its people from our driveway at 2am), I'm here bright and early with today's post. When I saw the prompt for today was "Bow" I wasn't overly thrilled. I've painted some freehand bows before that didn't turn out great, but I had some success with them at Christmas and was hoping to get away with not painting any more until this coming Christmas. Fortunately I was out shopping and had a bit of a Eureka moment - this happens all too often when I'm shopping, but usually causes more damage to my credit card than this one did ;)


When I got home (with a new shirt, no shoes), I started these nails with two coats of OPI Don't Bossanova Me Around. I painted a freehand French tip in Dream Cheeky Cherry and then extended it down the sides of the nail. I added a fine outline in black (very carefully!) and then topped with Seche Vite. Before the top coat dried, I added the acrylic bows to my stilettos and they were done!






These are impractical in so many ways - yet many of the best shoes are! They also fit the Bow prompt and I didn't even have to paint any! I have to say that they couldn't possibly have stayed on for very long, but I did love them!

Tomorrow's prompt is nice and simple - Pink. There is also a "Something Tropical" prompt for the GOT Polish Challenge so I might try and tie them together. Maybe I should go shopping for more ideas! ;)

Sam xx



15 comments:

  1. Hello Sam !

    What I laughed by looking closer at this nail art ! What a creativity ! What an inventiveness ! The realization is perfect up to the small sharp end of stilettos. I'm sure that this nail art will be the best for today.
    Thank you for it ... and for the laughter.

    Amitiés,
    Claire

    P.S.: shopping is the best cure in almost everything excepted for the purse :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these *so* much. I'm not much of a bow girl either, so I would've been stuffed for this prompt, but you just have the gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I'm really hoping to avoid bows until Xmas because I am done with my one good (and simple!) idea for this prompt! :)

      Delete
  3. these are fabulous! I've always preferred square nails but you are really making me want to get some stiletto falsies :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I get mine from a fab UK-based website (they also sell on Ebay) and are the best quality/value I've found. I have never been able to wear them for more than an hour without some kind of injury though, so I'm happy with my square nails most days! :) xx

      Delete
  4. These are so freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to go shopping more often :) I love where your inspiration comes from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to follow any orders when it comes to shopping ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  7. I totally love this! Matching perfectly with your nail shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE. I think you came up with the perfect solution to your bow dilemma <3 The shoes worked out perfectly with the stiletto nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I got away with it for at least another couple of months! :D

      Delete