13 Apr 2014

A bright wavy abstract - the "almost ran" wedding nails :)

Hello everyone! As I mentioned there was no post yesterday because we were in Portsmouth at a wedding - it was a stunning day on board HMS Warrior and it was lovely to see two lovely people who deserve nothing but happiness getting hitched :)

As I also mentioned when I showed you my nails I painted for the wedding, there was a change of wardrobe at the last minute. I switched dresses as I thought a maxi dress was a bit impractical for climbing about on the ship (its definitely easier to pretend you're a pirate in a knee length dress!), but I had already painted some matching nails for that too, so I'm going to show you those today :)

I started with a plain white base to help the colours stand out and then added sections of colour (two tones to each section). The greens are Barry M Gelly Greenberry and Sinful Colors Exotic Green. Purples are LA Colors Illusion and Barry M Gelly Blackberry, and Corals/Oranges are Barry M Gelly Papaya and Ciate Speed Dial. I separated those sections with LA Colors Black Velvet and finished with Seche Vite.





I don't have a pic of the dress but its a black maxi with a bold tropical flower print working its way up from the hem trailing off at the waist. As you can see my nubs are back and I'm back on the Jessica Restoration system to try and get them strong and long again. I'm now at the point though where I can't see them starting to grow out again until my health improves so there's a little bit of grim acceptance there lol! Hopefully I'm nearing the end of this run of ridiculous health fails and I'll be back to loud typing and not being able to comfortably use the touch screen on my phone very soon!

Sam xx 

4 comments:

  1. Love this design idea looks fab, it actually reminds of grass for some reason :p xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I agree, it is a bit grass-like! :)

      Delete
  2. These are so cool looking! I love the colors you chose (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! Luckily the dress chose the colours for me, but I love the unusual clashy combo! :)

      Delete