28 Feb 2014

The Lacquer Legion - Adoration

Hello everyone! I have a new nail art group to tell you about today run by Sarah from Chalkboard Nails, The Nailasaurus, Rebecca from Rebecca Likes Nails and Leslie from work/play/polish. This is actually their second month (and second prompt), but I couldn't find a way to fit in the first. There is one prompt per month and a date set for when we post our nails along with a hashtag to post with the mani. All the details can be found in the FB group here.

This month's prompt is adoration and you can choose to interpret that in as literal or abstract a way as you choose! I only really adore one thing in the work and that's my daughter, so I thought I'd ask her for ideas. First off, she wanted to do them for me, which I did let her do but decided not to go with for the challenge ;) (there is a pic of her work at the bottom of the post though - pretty awesome for 7!). Her next idea was "Diamonds! Big ones!", so I started from there. 

Three coats of LA Colors Sand Storm and a coat of Seche Vite. I then carefully glued the "diamonds" in place and added the gold bands using 2mm gold tone round studs.





I think its pretty simple, but effective! Scarlett thinks it looks like I have a jewellery shop on my nails and took photos of "her" great idea in to school for show and tell, so I managed to please the one I adore :D Hope you all like them too! Here's a quick pic of the mani she did for me:




Sam xx


4 comments:

  1. I don't even know your daughter but I can already tell I love her! She has a great imagination and I love where her head goes - you can never go wrong with big diamonds! And you executed it so beautifully too :)

    Also - her nail art looks WAY better then most adults, so go her! You both did an excellent job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She definitely takes after me lol!!! Although now I've given her control once I'm never going to hear the end of it! ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree about your daughter's imagination!

    These look beautiful <3 I know it would drive me insane having the big rhinestones on my nails, so I'm curious how they fared in real life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They stayed put really well actually! I only had them on for a total of about 48 hours and I was pretty careful with them, but they were still on securely when I took them off :)

      As for Scarlett, she's an uber-artistic, hyper-sensitive, mini goth at the age of 7. I dread to think where that's going to end up in another 5 years... lol

      Delete