Collaborative and I settled on a Mehndi design.
I used three coats of LA Colors Lilac Frost as a base and then topped with Seche Vite. Once completely dry (an hour after the Seche), I took a rusty brown Sharpie and drew on the mehndi/henna designs. Once that was also fully dry I added another thick coat of Seche to finish (it has to be thick to stop the Sharpie ink from dragging), et voila!
As you can see, I had one broken nail at this point - well, they're all gone now :( But it means I get to start growing them again for 2014, so expect a combination of me wearing lovely false tips and nail art for nubs for about the next month! I have one more art-inspired mani heading your way before New Years and then I'll be ready to start 2014 with a clean slate! :)