17 Sept 2013

Tri Polish Challenge September #1 - Some leafy stained glass...

Hello everyone! So it's time for the September Tri Polish Challenge! The colours chosen for this month are lilac, blue and pink (plus the allowable black, white, silver, gold and glitter toppers). I have chosen Models Own Feeling Blue and Lilac Dream along with Nail Essentials Classic Pink.


I decided to go with an abstract for my first September contribution. Starting with a white base, I painted leaf-ish outlines with a striping brush in black. I filled these in with my three colours and added some Colour Club lilac and blue glitter to the blue and lilac leaves. I then went over the outlines again to keep the outlines clear, and topped with Seche Vite.







So what started out as a leafy design ended up a little more like pastel stained glass, but I still like it! 

The blue and lilac are fine for me but I'm having problems with the pink! I didn't realize how anti-pink polish I seem to be until this challenge (in as much as I used the only one I liked for a previous month so found this really hard!)! I'll be back with another Tri Polish mani for you all on Thursday - in the meantime check out all the other awesome nail art created by Crumpet's Nail Tarts for this challenge :D

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving these posts, its great to see so many lovely designs from just three colours. I really like your design, its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love looking through all the different interpretations each month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, this is so pretty! Why I didn't see this before?
    Sam, I believe you're not in the inlinkz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up Natalia! I've had this problem with Inlinkz twice this week - guess I'm going to have to remember to check that its linked up properly!

      Delete