7 Jun 2013

Some abstract nails inspired by Tim Burton

Hello everyone! Today I've been working on distracting myself. I've dyed my hair, done a ton of online window shopping and had a bit of a Tim Burton day. I've loved pretty much anything Tim Burton has touched since forever - poetry, art, films, anything! I have several Tim Burton inspired tattoos (with more to follow!), and so I sat down and watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Corpse Bride to cheer myself up.

While I was watching I was trying to figure out what to put on my nails. I'm not going to be able to paint them for the next few days (that's going to be more painful than the surgery!), so I wanted something that I would be happy to look at for more than 24 hours, which is the maximum length of time that any design usually stays on). I finally settled on an abstract with some Tim Burton inspired curls and shapes. I started with a coat os Sinful Colors Glass Pink, added an abstract French tip in LA Colors French White, outlined areas with a fine striping brush using LA Colors Black Velvet and filled in using the black and LA Colors Blue Metallic topped with Color Club Otherworldly. I went over the outline again with the black to make sure that it stood out and then topped with Seche Vite.







These have really cheered me up and I'll be happy to have them on for a few days. I have a few sets of nails saved up to share with you over the weekend. The posts may be a little shorter though as I'll be typing with one arm!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll see you all on the other side :D

2 comments:

  1. That is perfect!! Beyond beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Several hours on and I still love them :)

      Delete