23 Jun 2013

NCC Neon Month - #3 Gradient dots

Hello again everyone! 2 posts in one day (I did say I was trying to catch up)! This is my third set of nails for the Nail Challenge Collaborative's neon month. I am loving working with all these bright colours. Photographing them? Not so much... Especially on a day like today in London where the odds of getting the option to take photos in the sun is not looking likely!

I started with a coat of Nina Ultra Pro French White and then covered that with LA Colors French White (there's no real logic to it except that I've found its the quickest way to get a smooth, solid white nail in two coats!). I then used my dotting tool and added dots of varying sizes using 4 neon polishes to create a gradient effect. At the cuticle end is the light orange Color Club Psychedelic Scene, followed by LA Colors Spat! (deep neon orange), Absolute (neon pink) and finally Electra (neon purple). All nicely smoothed out with Seche Vite to finish.





I must say that I love the way the colours work together on this. I wish I could've got the colours to pop a little more in the pictures but you can get the idea :)

One more mani to go for neon month and that will be up this week. In the meantime, take a look at all the other fabulous neon nails using the links below!

4 comments:

  1. These came out super wonderful! Great color choices for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this! I must try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do try it, I'd love to see it - post it on my FB wall :)

      Delete