3 May 2013

Girly Girl Challenge Day 6 - Who Inspires You?

Hello my lovelies! I am having the busiest week - between clients and trying to get ahead with all my challenges so I can afford to take a week off for my holiday in a week's time (although I will still be taking my 4 level nail case and laptop, so a complete break is unlikely!!!).

The theme this week is Who Inspires You? There are a few people I could have chosen but I decided to go with someone who has inspired me from the start of my journey into nail art - Robin Moses. Her endless creativity, her talent for incredibly intricate designs, her perseverance with the industry, and all the advice, teaching and inspiration that she has given to thousands of people around the world. What's not to be inspired by??? :) I was an artist before I picked up a striping brush and put paint to nails, my art work has been commissioned for tattoos, posters and album covers all over the world, but without having watched (completely by accident!) that first Robin Moses video on YouTube, I probably wouldn't have trained and have started on the road of the nail career that I am beginning to forge for myself here in the UK. So all I can say is thank you, for the initial push and the continued inspiration :)

There were so many of her designs that I could choose from, but I decided to go with one of the more recently posted "Darling Diva Nails" (click for link to the video) as they also fit in with the overall "Girly Girl" theme. I changed the colours around a bit as I wanted to go with a more autumnal palette (I know it's Spring, sue me!), and I also used all nail polish and no acrylics, but I followed the template as laid out in the video. 

I started with Nina Ultra Pro French White on the ring finger and thumb, then painted the others in Jessica Victorian Crush. I outlined the two white nails in the same colour and added in leaves. I then went in with LA Colors Gold Nugget to fill in the leaves and finally set some gold crystals into the top coat of Seche Vite. Here are the results:







Go and have a look at Robin's YouTube channel, she has hundreds of awesome ideas and step by step videos that suit all levels of ability. All she asks is that if you replicate any of her designs that you say that it is "Inspired by Robin Moses". 

Next week's theme is "Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice". Hmmm, I'm looking forward to this one! Don't forget to check out all the other awesome nails by the participants in this challenge :)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. outstanding one! love the framed painting effect! :D

    ReplyDelete