10 Aug 2014

A little bit of Marc Jacobs for you!

Hello everyone! I'm back just before the start of Digit-al Dozen Summer week to bring you something a little different. Fear not, its still nail related, but I was recently contacted by the mobile network Three, and asked if I would like to collaborate with them to create a set of nails to go with one of their phone accessories. I had a look at the selection on offer and jumped at the chance!

After careful consideration I chose a Marc Jacobs case for my Galaxy S4. Not only was it a Marc Jacobs case (so it tied in with several of my bag collection/obsession), it was also covered in a green animal print design. No brainer, right? Here it is:


I started with a base of LA Colors Sea Foam and once dry, painted over part of the base with a combination of Moyra Marion and LA Colors Atomic, before adding in the final detail using All About Nails Liqorice, thinned with a little acetone, all using a fine detail brush. I finished with a coat of Seche Vite.




I'm super pleased with how these turned out and my eyes went a little funny every time I picked up my phone while I had these nails on, so I think it worked pretty well!

The case itself fits like a glove (I take my photos with my phone so I had to take it out of the case for these photos!) and I can confirm (having dropped my phone several times in the last 48 hours) that it protects really well too :)

I would like to thank Three for the opportunity to work with them and providing the product to me for this collaboration, and wish them every success in their launch of the Galaxy S5 http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Samsung/Galaxy_S5 

See you all for Digit-al Dozen week tomorrow! 

Sam xx

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love hte case and your nails - such a glorious, glossy pattern x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsa! Yeah, I can see why you picked that case. ;) Gorgeous recreation!

    ReplyDelete