11 Aug 2014

The Digit-al Dozen does Summer Day 1

Hello everyone! I'm back with a very busy week on the blog! I took last month off but I'm back with the Digit-al dozen for our Summer week kicking off today :)

There's plenty of full colour manis coming your way later this week, but I'm starting with a typical English summer's day - ie, a hint of blue sky through the grey clouds and generally a bit of rain thrown in...

I started with a base of soft grey using Color Club Silver Lake and then sponged on LA Colors French White, Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau and a hint of Ciate Vintage to create the cloudy sky. I topped with OPI Matte top coat and once fully dry, I added drips of Seche Vite, which dried over the matte top coat to create the rain drops.





I love this one! It was a lot less subtle in real life, but hey ho, them's the breaks sometimes. I recreated it on my real nails (they're still refusing to grow btw) and got so many compliments. I'm looking forward to trying it again with a "stormier" sky - I just need to wait for the Autumn themes to start coming around ;)

I will be back with something decidedly more colourful for you tomorrow. Until then, please check out all of the other fabulous summer manis by the DD ladies by following the links below :)

Sam xx

23 comments:

  1. Wow! I love that idea of drips of glossy top coat over a matte base for drops of water, genius! Will definitely be trying this out in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool!! It really looks like your staring out of a window covered in rain looking up at the sky. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! We have that kind of weather here too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Really cool effect with the drops :) /Katrkr

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely amazing, the 3D-ness of the drops makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing!! Those water droplets are just perfect - I actually thought you took photos with water drops on your fingers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an amazing look! I never would have thought of such a simple way to do this, and the effect is absolutely stunning (and now I know what to do with my old, goopy top coats!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love the little raindrops :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. So totally appropriate considering the weather this week. I'm loving the colours you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative idea! Totally love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really love these nails x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these! I did a similar one later in the week. But letting the top coat dry a bit so it stayed 3D is a trick I wish I would have loved to know about so mine could be this awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the 3D look...never would have thought of something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! These are fantastic! The shadowing (blending) with the drops...so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is perfect! I love that a few of us have rain!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is clever! It's rainy here too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! The base coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love slightly unconventional nail designs like this - the 3D effect with the top coat is so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete