20 Apr 2014

The NCC Presents Movies/Music/TV #2 - A Twin Peaks Skittlette

Hello everyone! And Happy Easter to those of you that celebrate! As I mentioned, I'm not really doing any Easter manis, but I do have some swatches of my Easter present polishes coming up later today and some of those colours are a little bit Easter-ish, so that'll have to do.

This post has my second April mani for the Nail Challenge Collabrative and I've painted a skittlette inspired by one of my favourite TV series of all time - Twin Peaks. I remember watching it when it was first on TV with my Dad when my Mum was out at an evening class. I was definitely too young to watch it and my Mum would never have let me, so its also tied in with a lot of nostalgia and some fond memories of time with my Dad. Its also not his usual kind of TV at all, but he loved it and we're planning to make time to watch the DVDs through again sometime soon.



I wanted to recreate the style of the Red Room in the Black Lodge/White Lodge, so I started by painting my ring and middle nails with white and allowed them to dry. I then applied some vinyl nail decals (which I bought on Ebay after reading this post on Glowstars.net), painted over the spaces in All About Nails Liqorice and removed the decals (I totally arsed this up so the chevrons are more than a little bit wonky, but I was tight for time so couldn't redo). I painted my thumb and little finger with Dream Cheeky Cherry and while still wet, dragged through lines of Barry M Passion Fruit, MAC Vintage Vamp and a little white with a striping brush. For the index finger I did a simple glitter gradient using Color Club Art of Seduction over black. All finished with a coat of Seche Vite.





No comments:

Post a Comment