21 Aug 2013

NCC Around the World month #3 - Fall in Vermont

Hello again lovely readers! There are several things in this post that will show how much this theme has challenged me this month! Firstly, I had the idea while watching TV one evening and couldn't wait until the morning to try it (out of sheer bloody relief lol!). This led to not particularly great execution and even worse pictures taken in artificial light! I was hoping to get better pictures in the morning, because obviously nothing is going to happen to the nails overnight, right? Wrong! Sorting everyone's breakfast, and getting started on some laundry led to some untidy tips (thanks again to the poor application at night under artificial light) was not helpful. 

Anyway, I'm hoping that the idea will show through. For my last mani I went with the Northern Lights as I've always wanted to see them. I've followed a similar line of thought with these as I've always wanted to visit New England in Autumn (Fall in Vermont for those of you less English than me ;)) Time allowing, I will redo these, but realistically with other challenges, its not going to happen in time for the end of the month.

I started on a white base and added in basic leaf shapes in Color Club Rebel Spirit and fillled in the shapes using Sinful Colors Exotic Green, LA Colors Dark Brown and Solar Gold. I then went over those with a bit of shimmer :) OPI Rising Star, LA Colors Fiery Orange and Cactus. I added in a few leafy details with LA Colors Black Pearl and finished with Seche Vite. 




So there you have it. Not my finest hour, but if nothing else it shows the rich colours of Fall in Vermont. That's three down and one to go on this Around the World theme - wherever my brain takes me for this last mani, I'll be sure to wait until morning until I paint it!!! ;)

Check out everyone else's manis following the links below :D





2 comments:

  1. This manicure is soooooooo pretty! The pictures are perfectly fine, don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like everything to be just right, so I'm probably being a bit picky - thanks for making me feel better! :D

      Delete