18 Apr 2014

The Digit-al Dozen does Texture Day 5 - Textured Stamped Floral

Hello everyone! Woohoo! I made it! I have completed my first week with The Digit-al Dozen. I have loved every minute of it but it has been a pressured kinda week and its a massive relief to have the first one out of the way! Everyone in the group is lovely and they have been super supportive, but there is a huge amount of talent between all the ladies and its been pretty intimidating to have to jump in to it!



Today I have gone with my new found fave, stamping! It looks a little more Christmassy than I intended as I used all textured polishes to complete the look and the choices from my stash were limited! I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Sugar Fix and then stamped an image from MoYou Pro XL 06 with Konad Black. Once dry, I filled in the flowers with Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Cherry Drop and Claire's Red Leather polish (with a little help from the super sheer LA Colors Moody Red), and the leaves with more Sugar Coat, but this time Sour Apple (and a touch of Sinful Colors Exotic Green). I finished with a little of L-A Glitter Nails fab copper glitter at the centre of the flowers.





I loved how these turned out! The colours show brighter in real life so it looks more tropical (the irony of posting Xmassy looking nails at Easter is not lost on me!). I wasn't sure how the textured polishes would work together for the "colouring in" but they were great. Rexture over texture can be quite unforgiving so I had to be super careful with placement, but its definitely something I'll try again.

So there you have my first week with The Digit-al Dozen. Its been so much fun and I can't wait for next month. Next week is going to be a busy one, with lots of music/tv/film inspired manis for the NCC and a mammoth catch up with the NAILS Mag challenge on the cards. I also have lots of swatches and reviews to post (can you tell that Scarlett is heading back to school??? Normal service will be resumed)! :D

Sam xx



19 comments:

  1. Look at you with all of your stamping! I keep meaning to pull out my stamping plates but I keep forgetting haha. This looks amazing! Congrats on completing your first week of the Digit-al Dozen! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Those stamping plates have saved my life this week!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Personally, I think you've jumped in and landed right on top of us all! It's not fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shh Vic! I'm happy just to have kept my head above water (and I'm really looking forward to next month! :)

      Delete
  3. Dang girl! These are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsten! I think all the fiddly faffing about was worth it for these ones :D

      Delete
  4. i think you have done wonderful, I followed u all week and i love all your work !! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support all week Anita, I really appreciate it! :D

      Delete
  5. These are so detailed and beautiful - I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty...and perfect for anytime of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Especially poinsettia season! ;)

      Delete
  7. Very cool!! I never would have thought to combine all these things into one mani, but you did a flawless job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I think it got a little bit busy in the end, but that might just have bene because m eyes were tired from painting with all that textured polish... :)

      Delete
  8. So beautiful! This would make an excellent holiday mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy! It may well appear in a seasonal blog collection later in the year... lol ;)

      Delete
  9. These are beautiful! You did great in your first week! :D

    ReplyDelete