17 Jan 2014

NAILS Magazine 31DC Day 17 - Green

Hello everyone! Today I have Day 17 of the NAILS Magazine 31 Day Challenge for you and the theme for today is Green! I love green, but I struggled a little with a decision on a design as I wanted to use only greens (apart from a little coincidental black and white)!

I sat staring at colours for a while and then started scribbling down a few ideas before starting to paint. I started with a French White base which I topped with Ciate Angel WIngs for a pearly shimmer. I then added sections of Revlon Zealous and Sassy, and Sinful Colors Exotic Green using a striping brush. I carefully added in some black outlines with LA Colors Black Velvet and dotted along some of the black lines to finish the design. I allowed it to dry for 5 minutes to avoid any colour dragging before adding a coat of Seche Vite.







I'm glad I took a little time deciding on this design as I love it - and my nails are also ready for the weekend :)

I'm blogging all of my NAILS Mag 31DC manis slowly but surely as I have so many other posts to fit in, but if you'd like to see them all so far, they're on Instagram and you an check them out there.

Sam xx

3 comments: