10 Jan 2014

NAILS Magazine 31DC Day 10 - Favourite Movie

Hello everyone! I'm under doctor's orders not to paint nails for a few days so don't tell anyone I'm here - shhhhh! ;) I woke up yesterday with pins and needles in my arms and legs and feeling very dizzy, having only had a sore neck the night before. After a conversation with the doctor, it sounds like my appalling nail painting posture had put pressure on my spinal cord and was causing all these other symptoms. It was a bit scary at the time, but today all those symptoms have subsided and I'm just left in a world of pain. Lesson of the day - watch your posture! 

The theme for today is "Favourite Movie". To regular readers, it'll come as no surprise that it'll be a Tim Burton related mani. I can't really choose between his films, but I've chosen to go with  a design based on some of the "Corpse Bride" posters.

I started by painting two coats of Ciate Vintage, then added the branches using LA Colors Black Velvet. Once dry, I added a combination of LA Colors Atomic and Sea Foam, Color Club Sheer Disguise and Barry M Gelly Paints Greenberry over the black with a fine striping brush, tidied up the edges with the black and finished with Seche Vite.




Here's one of the posters:


Tomorrow things will brighten up a bit as the theme is Neon - I haven't had a chance to play with my neons this year yet so I'm looking forward to coming up with something zingy and bright! But still don't tell my doctor. Or my husband ;)

Sam xx


8 comments:

  1. I love these, so pretty! Hope your neck and back feel better soon and heal up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As long as I'm a good girl I'll be fine - but that's the tricky part!

      Delete
  2. Unas uñas preciosas, me gusta el diseño, y tranquila no diremos a tu medico que andas por aquí! jiji La verdad es que la postura que solemos tener todas para pintarnos las uñas no es muy buena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! My Spanish ends there, but Google Translate helped me! xx

      Delete
  3. Can't say I've ever seen the movie, but I love how your nails out! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its a very "me" movie, but its not for everyone! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! This is definitely one of my recent favourites :)

      Delete