30 Dec 2013

Walking in a Nails Inc Wonderland (Part 1)

As some of you may or may not know, I have been on an strict no-buy as far as polish goes for a ridiculously long time now. But then came Christmas! And everyone knows I love polish! I've never really posted swatches before but I received the Nails Inc Diary and thought that it would be a good way to test the water as far as swatch posts go (and a good way to get you all used to my short little nubs!) :)

I've split this into 2 (may end up as 3!) posts as there are 12 polishes to show (well, 11 as I don't think you'd be overly keen on photos of the clear caviar topper!) and there are a lot of photos. This post covers the plain creme colours.

I'm starting with Notting Hill Gate, a stunning vibrant pink. I used htree coats and could still just see a visible line through, but not enough to make me add a fourth coat:



Next up is my favourite of this bunch, a plummy/berry creamy purple. I'm a sucker for purple but there's not often one that I come across that can challenge for my top 5. This one does, St Martin's Lane:



Next up is Sloane Avenue which I can only describe as a muted neon coral (I know, I know...). This isn't one of my favourite colour families to start off with, but I must say that this colour fascinated me (in as much as I kept staring at it trying to figure out if I actually like a coral!). This covered in two coats, but I gave it a third to be sure:



Finally for the creme colours we have a stunning blue, Baker Street. Its bright, but not too intense. A little light for a royal blue, but almost. Again, two coats would've been fine, but I went for three:



In part 2 I will have the Foil, Leather and Holo effects polishes to show you.

So there you have it - a swatch post. It wasn't even on my list of New Year resolutions, but why not? Let me know what you think :D

Sam xx





No comments:

Post a Comment