20 Nov 2013

33 Day Challenge Day 26 - Something from your Inspiration Board

Hello everyone and happy hump day! This week seems to be dragging on forever, but in between painting my house and getting ahead with nail designs, I'm keeping busy :)

The prompt for today's mani is to pick something from your Pinterest or Inspiration board. I have a folder on my laptop (and on my phone) in which I save pictures of all sorts of things that I see online or out and about that at some point I plan to try and translate on to nails. Some are in and out of that folder within a week, some pictures are still there a year later (I know I should delete those, but that "you never know" attitude just won't let go!). 


This one hasn't been in that long! I was looking at fabrics online and spotted this camo print - I figured that today was as good a time to use it as inspiration as any :)

I started with a base of Ciate Angel Wings and then used a small dotting tool with plenty of nail polish each time to add camo shaped sections, first using Sally Hansen Teeny Greeny Bikini, then Sally Hansen Jolie En Rose and finally LA Colors Black Pearl. I finished with a llberal coat of Seche Vite.





Here's a picture of the fabric that I used as my inspiration:


I used brighter/bolder colours (mostly because I just picked up Jolie En Rose for £1 and wanted to use it!), but I stuck to the same combination of colours, which is what drew me to this particular camo print.

Take a look at the links below to see all the other wonderful "inspired" manis, and I will be back with the 27th 33DC mani on Friday, which will be a mani featuring 3 patterns :)




No comments:

Post a Comment