7 Oct 2013

33DC #7 - Artwork featuring your oldest untried

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend - I'm going to need about a week to recover from mine, but it was lots of fun :)

So, today's theme is "Artwork with your oldest untried polish". I don't have many polishes that I haven't tried - in fact I've deliberately tried to use all of my 300 or so polishes in nail art at least once, so I was actually considering buying a new polish to have a new one to try! Then my husband reminded me that he bought me the Ciate advent calendar last year, and I had kept most of them in the original box as there were too many mini bottles to fit on my shelves, so in fact I had plenty to choose from! I took a look through and picked out a deep purple called Cabaret, a grey (that appears green on the nail) called Vintage and a shimmery silver-white called Angel Wings.

I started with a shimmery, nude base and added flowers using Cabaret, with Angel Wings centres and painted on some vine work using Vintage. All topped with Seche Vite. Here are the photos:






I can't believe that I haven't used Vintage before, its such a great colour! Cabaret is a bit similar to a lot of other purples I have so I can see why that one has stayed untried for a while. I think its because overall I find the formula on Ciate polishes a bit hit-and-miss, but having seen all the colours that I've had hidden away, I think I'll be trying a few more in the near future!

Chevrons are up next on Wednesday - see you all then!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment