28 Jun 2013

Tri Polish Challenge - June Day 4 (one for Lazytown fans!)

Hello everyone! I've finally reached the last day of June's Tri Polish challenge! I adore the three colours I chose for this month, but I have found it so hard to come up with four separate ideas that I thought were cool enough to submit for the challenge!

Anyway, while yet again stuck for inspiration (!), Scarlett was watching TV in the background and there was a trailer for Lazytown on. Perfect timing! Robbie Rotten's costume is basically made up of my 3 Tri Polish colours - yay!!! For those of you lucky enough to have avoided Lazytown, here's Robbie:


I striped my nails using striping tape over a base of Ciate Cutie Pie, then filled in with the Jessica Ruffled Bottoms and Imperial Rouge. I then realized that I hadn't done any flowers this month so quickly added in an accent nail with a bit of LA Colors Metallic Silver (my brain does that sometimes - I wish it didn't but it does...). All of that resulted in a busy mani that makes my eyes go funny - pretty much like watching an episode of Lazytown, so I guess that I followed my own brief after all! :)





So that's it for the June Tri Polish Challenge! Next month's colours are blue, blue and green. I think I'll be heading back my brights for that one! ;) Check out all the other super talented ladies taking part using the links below :D


5 comments:

  1. Really loved the accent nail..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a bit of an after thought, but otherwise there were just too many stripes!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, my kids love that show! The stripes are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I have all the Lazytown songs etched into my brain forever. By the time my daughter had grown out of it, I was even bored of watching Sportacus flex his muscles!!!

      Delete
  3. Haha! I love the link to Lazytown, my sister used to watch that all the time when she was little! Fabulous mani, the accent nail is wonderful.
    - Olivia xo

    http://www.neverending-nailpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete