4 May 2013

Swirly, abstract fun with a striping brush...

Hello everyone! Happy weekend (3 days long here in the UK too!)! Today I have some nails for you that started out with no direction whatsoever, but I am sooooooooo in love with these. I've not been well and actually went out several times with naked nails this week (oh, the shame...), so yesterday I resolved to make up for it by using all the polish I should've used this week :)

I started with a base of Nina Ultra Pro French White (topped off with LA Colors French White - don't know why but I've discovered that using these two different whites together creates a far smoother base). I then painted on random patterns with a striping brush using Barry M Gelly Paints Prickly Pear, Ciate Mojito, Models Own Lilac Dream and LA Colors Edgy. Once they'd all dried a little, I went back in with the striping brush and outlined and separated all the colours with LA Colors Black Velvet.






 I am so in love with these! I know they could be tidier, but they are super effective and eye-catching and are making me feel a lot better. They remind me of a water marble effect, just without all the swearing and aggravation that goes along with me trying to water marble!!! Even better still, I'm ahead enough with challenge manis that they can stay on until Tuesday - yay!!! Enjoy the weekend, and I'll be back tomorrow with the ABC challenge - "F" is for... ;)

4 comments:

  1. This is magnificent !! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep looking at these and thinking I just want to have this design on my nails in different colours for the forseeable future! ;)

      Delete
  2. Your designs are always so much fun! Love these ones, specially how easy you make it look to make curve lines with a striping brush... when I know it's nooooot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It seems to have a lot to do with having the right brush - I'm a lot more consistent these days - some days are still a total write off though!!!

      Delete