27 May 2013

ABC Challenge - "I" is for Ikat

Hello everyone!

I'm back with the latest installment of the ABC challenge and we're already up to "I"!!! This week was a no-brainer for me as I knew that I was going to do some Ikat nails (and didn't really bother even trying to think beyond that! 

I normally use creme colours for Ikat, but this time thought it'd be cool to bling them up a little with some shimmer and metallics. I started with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Teeny Greeny Bikini (3 coats to get it fully opaque). I added in the white sections using Nina Ultra Pro French White (great if you want a section of solid white with only one coat!), then added in the centre sections in LA Colors Grapevine and Metallic Purple using a fine detail brush, and finished with by adding in the outer edge with a striping brush using Color Club Rebel Spirit. All held together with Seche Vite.





I'm really pleased with these - we're lucky enough to be having a sunny Bank Holiday Monday here in London and these catch the sun beautifully! I will be enjoying them in the garden later along with a barbecue and some lovely cold beers :) Back tomorrow with Crumpet's Nail Tarts Tri Polish challenge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment